- External layer is 100% recycled ocean waste polyester.
- internal mesh 92% recycled polyester, 8% elastane.
How to Put the Mask On
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Dry your hands.
- Make sure the exterior side of the mask is facing out, away from your face.
- Pick up the mask and place onto your face.
- Once the mask is fitted to the bridge of your nose, wrap elastic bands around your ears.
- Make sure the mask is completely secure, and that it covers your nose and mouth so that the bottom edge is under your chin.
- Wash your hands.
*For additional protection, use double-sided tape to adhere to secure mask firmly at the sides of the nose, ensuring air flows through the mask and not around the edges.
Removing the Mask
- Wash your hands before removing the mask.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth when removing the mask.
- Remove mask.
HOW TO WASH
- Remove the filter
- Place the mask in the washing machine.
- Machine wash in hot water; tumble dry.
- Wash your hands.
PM 2.5 filters are a special type of high-purity polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) membrane filter designed to capture these particulates in standard EPA test methods for monitoring air quality, and Lucke isnow offering these filters to users with our masks.
PTFE is normally a very flexible material when made into a thin membrane, so these filters have a strong and rigid polypropylene support ring, enabling ease of handling and use. The PM 2.5 filters have a pore size rating of 2.0 microns and are tested to conform to the EPA requirement of DOP particle capture efficiency of 90% or better.
PM 2.5 particles are so named as they are smaller than 2.5 microns in size and represent a significant health risk to people. To compare sizes: human hair is about 100 microns across, and red blood cells are 8 microns across. PM 2.5s can travel deep into and lodge in the furthest parts of the human lung, putting people at elevated risk for respiratory and cardiac illnesses.
Lucke masks in effect put a barrier between the wearer and the environment or sterile field. They may help keep spit and mucous generated by the wearer from reaching others. Our PM 2.5, five layer masks are laboratory tested to the European standard